By Peter E. Nielsen (auth.), Peter E. Nielsen (eds.)
Peptide nucleic acid (PNA) know-how keeps to develop in value all through molecular biology, genetic diagnostics, and molecular medication. In Peptide Nucleic Acids: tools and Protocols, Peter Eigil Nielsen has assembled a significantly evaluated number of PNA protocols which are both already good confirmed worldwide, similar to PCR-clamping and in situ hybridization, or that reveal promise of important destiny influence. easy tools for PNA oligomer synthesis and research have additionally been integrated. Written by means of specialists with hands-on adventure within the tools they describe, those quite simply reproducible protocols include certain step by step directions, tips about averting pitfalls and on extending the tactic to different occasions, and introductory fabric explaining the idea in the back of the method.
updated and hugely functional, Peptide Nucleic Acids: tools and Protocols offers for either beginner and skilled researchers a radical and straightforward advent to the optimum use of contemporary PNA expertise throughout a wide selection of fields, together with molecular biology, medicinal chemistry, genetic diagnostics, and drug development.
Read Online or Download Peptide Nucleic Acids: Methods and Protocols PDF
Similar biology books
“Because we get pleasure from interacting with biology lower than- grads and imagine that they need to have biology textbooks which are truly written, make the subject material proper to the reader, and support them enjoy not just how a lot we already find out about biology—cell biology, in our case—but additionally how even more continues to be investi- gated and chanced on.
Long non-coding RNAs (lnc)RNAs have emerged as a brand new paradigm in epigenetic law of the genome. hundreds of thousands of lncRNAs were pointed out and saw in a variety of organisms. not like mRNA, lncRNA don't have any protein-coding potential. So, whereas their functionality isn't completely transparent, they might function key organizers of protein complexes that let for greater order regulatory occasions.
The range of antigen-binding constructions of antibody molecules is so sizeable that each achievable antigen should be certain by way of an antibody molecule in the immune process. this is often precise even for the antigen binding websites of antibodies known as idiotypes, that are sure via complementary bind ing websites of alternative antibodies referred to as anti-idiotypes.
- Developmental Biology Protocols, Volume I (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 135)
- Rethinking Invasion Ecologies from the Environmental Humanities
- Methods in Mammary Gland Biology and Breast Cancer Research
- Biology of Radioiodine: Proceedings of the Hanford Symposium on the Biology of Radioiodine
- Molecular Methods in Developmental Biology: Xenopus & Zebrafish (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 127)
- METHODS IN REPRODUCTIVE AQUACULTURE: MARINE AND FRESHWATER SPECIES
Extra info for Peptide Nucleic Acids: Methods and Protocols
Nucleic Acids Res. 26, 4910–4916. 18. , Carpaneto, E. , et al. (2000) Effects in live cells of a c-myc anti-gene PNA linked to a nuclear localization signal. Nature Biotechnol. 18, 300–303. 19. , Awasthi, S. , and Nielsen, P. E. (2001) Bactericidal antisense effects of peptide-PNA conjugates. Nature Biotechnol. 19, 360–364. 52 Awasthi and Nielsen 20. , Petersen, K. , Hansen, H. , et al. (1995) Solid-phase synthesis of peptide nucleic acids. J. Pept. Sci. 1, 185–183. 21. , Nielsen, P. , and Dahl, O.
5. Automated Boc/Cbz PNA synthesis as described by Koch et al. (4). 14. N-((N6-Benzyloxycarbonyl)adenin-9-yl-acetyl)-N-(2-Boc-aminoethyl)glycine (Boc-PNA-A(Cbz) monomer) (+ 97%). 15. N-((N4-Benzyloxycarbonyl)cytosin-1-yl-acetyl)-N-(2-Boc-aminoethyl)glycine (Boc-PNA-C(Cbz) monomer) (+ 97%) 16. N-((N2-Benzyloxycarbonyl)guanine-9-yl-acetyl)-N-(2-Boc-aminoethyl)glycine (Boc-PNA-G(Cbz) monomer) (+ 97%). 17. N-(2-Boc-aminoethyl)-N-(thymin-1-yl-acetyl)glycine (Boc-PNA-T monomer) (+ 97%). 18. Solutions: see Table 1.
D. (1997) Hybridisation based DNA screening on peptide nucleic acid (PNA) oligomer arrays. Nucleic Acids Res. (1997) 25, 2792–2799. 2. , Hoheisel, J. D. (2000) Automating parallel peptide synthesis for the production of PNA library arrays. BioTechniques 31, 896–904. 3. Awasthi, S. , and Nielsen, P. E. (2002) Parallel synthesis of PNApeptide conjugate libraries. Comb. Chem. High Through. Screen. 5, 251–258. 58 Awasthi and Nielsen Thermodynamics of PNA Interactions 59 5 Thermodynamics of PNA Interactions with DNA and RNA Tommi Ratilainen and Bengt Nordén 1.