By John Rizzo
- Starting at $499, the diminutive Mac mini-2.5 inches tall, 6.5 inches vast, and 2.9 pounds-is anticipated to turn into Apple's bestselling computing device, with projected shipments of 100,000 devices a month
- This publication bargains a number of projects-some effortless, a few extra challenging-to support humans tweak, adjust, and remodel a Mac mini
- Modest changes comprise making a Mac mini domestic theater, an equipment controller, and a commute equipment; different extra advanced (but very cool!) mods require wielding a soldering iron
- Offers specific, illustrated step by step instructions-including tips on how to open the Mac mini, continue music of items, and keep away from damage-that let even amateur tinkerers to accomplish the tasks
Read or Download Mac mini Hacks & Mods For Dummies PDF
Best hacking books
Excellent intro to tools/methods used for uncomplicated hacking. now not whole for CEH prep, as they do not speak about IDS/IPS or different protecting measures any. No coding, basically instruments and their utilization. An easy-to-read primer.
Need to know how most sensible to take advantage of eBay? even if you are a newcomer or longtime person, eBay Hacks will educate you to turn into effective as either a consumer and vendor. you will find quite a lot of subject matters, from tracking the bidding procedure, getting refunds, and solving pictures in order that sale goods glance their top, to in-depth tips for working a enterprise on eBay and writing scripts that automate the most tedious projects.
Are looking to locate each pizza position inside a 15-mile radius? the place the puppy parks are in a brand new city? the main primary assembly position on your classification, membership or team of acquaintances? the most cost effective fuel stations on a day by day foundation? the site of convicted intercourse offenders in a space to which you'll be contemplating relocating?
- Physical and Logical Security Convergence: Powered By Enterprise Security Management
- Low Tech Hacking: Street Smarts for Security Professionals
- Hacking Exposed Computer Forensics, Second Edition: Computer Forensics Secrets & Solutions 2nd (second) Edition by Philipp, Aaron, Cowen, David, Davis, Chris published by McGraw-Hill Osborne Media (2009)
- PC Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools
- Game Console Hacking. Have Fun While Voiding Your Warranty
Extra resources for Mac mini Hacks & Mods For Dummies
It includes Mac-specific keys and a Mac-like look. For another $10, the SlimType Ultra has a built-in USB port. So-called slim keyboards are lighter because they use less plastic. It’s scandalous to say this among power users, but I prefer the shorter keyboards, even on desktop Macs. The mouse is closer to the center than with a standard-size keyboard, and I have more desk space. Mini keyboards An even smaller class of keyboards is known as mini keyboards. No, they’re not named after the Mac mini.
12 Part I: Owning a Mac mini ߜ RAM: Depending on when you bought your Mac mini, you either have 256MB, 512MB, or 1GB. When you order a Mac mini, Apple offers to up your RAM memory from the basic configuration for a fee. It may seem tempting until you find out that you can find an upgrade RAM module for at least $15 cheaper than what Apple charges at purchase time. If you hunt around, you can find a 1GB RAM model for the mini for about $85. Chapter 7 shows you how to install RAM yourself. com. This site isn’t a seller of RAM.
Take a look at iMove, an extreme carrying case that’s designed and sold by Rivo Cortonesi. iMove isn’t actually a case; it’s a transportable rack that holds the Mac mini and the power brick, a full-size 19- or 20-inch flat-panel monitor, and a full-size keyboard. To move the rack, unplug the power cord from the wall socket, attach the cover, pick up the rack, and put it in your car. Everything, including the power brick and the cables, is fixed to the frame. You don’t have to unplug cables, nor do you have to compromise on keyboard and monitor size.