By Jeffrey Carr
When the Stuxnet desktop bug broken the Iranian nuclear software in 2010, the general public obtained a small glimpse into smooth cyber warfare—without really knowing the scope of this worldwide clash. Inside Cyber Warfare presents interesting and annoying info on how international locations, teams, and members during the international more and more depend upon net assaults to achieve army, political, and fiscal merits over their adversaries.
This up to date moment version takes an in depth examine the complicated area of our on-line world, and the gamers and methods concerned. You’ll become aware of how refined hackers engaged on behalf of states or geared up crime patiently play a high-stakes video game that may goal an individual, despite association or nationality.
* notice how Russian funding in social networks merits the Kremlin
* study the function of social networks in fomenting revolution within the center East and northern Africa
* discover the increase of anarchist teams comparable to nameless and LulzSec
* glance inside of cyber war functions of countries together with China and Israel
* know the way the U.S. can legally interact in covert cyber operations
* find out how the highbrow estate conflict has develop into the first concentration of state-sponsored cyber operations
Jeffrey Carr, the founder and CEO of Taia international, Inc., is a cyber intelligence professional and advisor who focuses on the research of cyber assaults opposed to governments and infrastructures through nation and non-state hackers.
Read Online or Download Inside Cyber Warfare: Mapping the Cyber Underworld (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar hacking books
Excellent intro to tools/methods used for easy hacking. no longer entire for CEH prep, as they do not discuss IDS/IPS or different protective measures any. No coding, essentially instruments and their utilization. An easy-to-read primer.
Need to know how top to exploit eBay? no matter if you are a newcomer or longtime consumer, eBay Hacks will train you to develop into effective as either a consumer and vendor. you can find quite a lot of themes, from tracking the bidding technique, getting refunds, and solving pictures in order that sale goods glance their most sensible, to in-depth advice for operating a company on eBay and writing scripts that automate the most tedious initiatives.
Are looking to locate each pizza position inside a 15-mile radius? the place the puppy parks are in a brand new city? the main critical assembly position in your classification, membership or workforce of neighbors? the most affordable fuel stations on a day by day foundation? the positioning of convicted intercourse offenders in a space to which you will be contemplating relocating?
- Hacking Firefox
- WarDriving and Wireless Penetration Testing, 1st Edition
- Inside Cyber Warfare: Mapping the Cyber Underworld (2nd Edition)
- Cybercrime: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- 2600 Magazine: The Hacker Quarterly (2 January, 2012)
Additional info for Inside Cyber Warfare: Mapping the Cyber Underworld (2nd Edition)
3. Economies of Scale On the lower left side of the standard Google Maps view, you'll see a scale bar, which indicates distances horizontally across the center of the map in both miles and kilometers, as shown in Figure 1-7. Not only can this be useful for estimating distances "as the crow flies," but it also gives a sense of how the cartographic projection used in Google Maps distorts and exaggerates the Earth's surface as you head towards the north and south poles. ) Figure 1-7. The Google Maps scale bar One cute way to see this in action is to pan up to the islands in northern Canada, zoom in a bit, and then click the map and slowly drag it upwards, thereby panning south.
Will the Kids Barf? Publisher: O'ReillyPub Date: January 2006Print ISBN-10: 0-596-10161-9Print ISBN-13: 978-0-59-610161-9 Pages: 366 Table of Contents | IndexWant to find every pizza place within a 15-mile radius? Where the dog parks are in a new town? The most central meeting place for your class, club or group of friends? The cheapest gas stations on a day-to-day basis? The location of convicted sex offenders in an area to which you may be considering moving? The applications, serendipitous and serious, seem to be infinite, as developers find ever more creative ways to add to and customize the satellite images and underlying API of Google Maps.
Odd and Surprising Ways to Find Things Not everything is documented! Like Google's search, there are a lot of things that just work that are not documented (or at least they are not documented where you are likely to see them). For example, as of April 30th, 2005, I could find no mention that entering a latitude and longitude in the search box would have any effect, and yet it works! The moral is that when you have a wild idea about a way to search for something, try it first, and then if it doesn't work, enjoy that temporary feeling of satisfaction that comes from being ahead of the curve (well, either ahead of the curve, or plumb crazy, but since there is no reliable way to determine which is which, you might as well enjoy it).