By Nitesh Dhanjani, Billy Rios, Brett Hardin
With the arrival of wealthy web functions, the explosion of social media, and the elevated use of robust cloud computing infrastructures, a brand new iteration of attackers has additional crafty new ideas to its arsenal. For somebody keen on protecting an program or a community of structures, Hacking: the following Generation is likely one of the few books to spot various rising assault vectors.
You'll not just locate worthwhile info on new hacks that try and make the most technical flaws, you'll additionally learn the way attackers benefit from contributors through social networking websites, and abuse vulnerabilities in instant applied sciences and cloud infrastructures. Written by way of pro net defense execs, this booklet is helping you already know the explanations and psychology of hackers in the back of those assaults, permitting you to higher organize and guard opposed to them.
* learn the way "inside out" options can poke holes into secure networks
* comprehend the recent wave of "blended threats" that reap the benefits of a number of program vulnerabilities to thieve company data
* realize weaknesses in today's strong cloud infrastructures and the way they are often exploited
* hinder assaults opposed to the cellular staff and their units containing worthy data
* concentrate on assaults through social networking websites to acquire private details from executives and their assistants
* Get case experiences that convey how a number of layers of vulnerabilities can be utilized to compromise multinational corporations
Read Online or Download Hacking: The Next Generation PDF
Best hacking books
First-class intro to tools/methods used for uncomplicated hacking. now not whole for CEH prep, as they do not discuss IDS/IPS or different protective measures any. No coding, basically instruments and their utilization. An easy-to-read primer.
Need to know how top to exploit eBay? even if you are a newcomer or longtime person, eBay Hacks will educate you to turn into effective as either a consumer and vendor. you will discover quite a lot of issues, from tracking the bidding technique, getting refunds, and solving photographs in order that sale goods glance their most sensible, to in-depth counsel for operating a company on eBay and writing scripts that automate one of the most tedious initiatives.
Are looking to locate each pizza position inside of a 15-mile radius? the place the puppy parks are in a brand new city? the main critical assembly position in your classification, membership or team of buddies? the most affordable gasoline stations on a daily foundation? the positioning of convicted intercourse offenders in a space to which you will be contemplating relocating?
- Wardriving & Wireless Penetration Testing, 1st Edition
- Hacking the Human
- Threat Modeling: Designing for Security
- The Happy Hacker: A Guide to (Mostly) Harmless Computer Hacking
Additional info for Hacking: The Next Generation
The hiring manager’s MySpace page This demonstrates the impact that a few pieces of information can have. Using that information, we were able to obtain additional information about the victim and her organization. Obviously, job postings can lead attackers in identifying key people, and give them a starting point for an attack. com, to find information about companies and their employees. Using a valid Google account, an attacker can search through public calendars. Most individuals are aware that public calendars shouldn’t contain sensitive or confidential information.
200) for instances of WhatsUp Gold installations. Once an instance is discovered, the attacker is notified by a message delivered to her web server. php? php file on the attacker’s server on the Internet. php file simply records the name and location of vulnerable software on the corporate internal network. "; else: $outputstring = "\r\n". php script shows the location(s) of the vulnerable WhatsUp Gold server in the internal corporate network. php. 42 | Chapter 2: Inside-Out Attacks: The Attacker Is the Insider Figure 2-9.
Why did someone put this in his public calendar for the world to see? It is clear how this may aid an attacker and a competitor. Tracking Employees | 21 Figure 1-19. Dial-in information regarding vendor calls What Information Is Important? What kind of information is important to an attacker and what isn’t? All information that an attacker can find can be used for some purpose. From the attacker’s perspective, all information is important. Some information can be more critical than other information.