By Scott Granneman
Written by means of a pro seasoned who has been utilizing Knoppix for years, this lighthearted but informative booklet exhibits hack-hungry fanatics easy methods to customise Knoppix distributions, create Knoppix-based dwell CDs, rescue a home windows computing device that will not boot, and extra.
Read Online or Download Hacking Knoppix PDF
Similar hacking books
Excellent intro to tools/methods used for uncomplicated hacking. no longer entire for CEH prep, as they do not discuss IDS/IPS or different protecting measures any. No coding, basically instruments and their utilization. An easy-to-read primer.
Need to know how top to take advantage of eBay? even if you are a newcomer or longtime person, eBay Hacks will educate you to develop into effective as either a consumer and vendor. you will find a variety of issues, from tracking the bidding approach, getting refunds, and solving photographs in order that sale goods glance their top, to in-depth assistance for working a enterprise on eBay and writing scripts that automate essentially the most tedious projects.
Are looking to locate each pizza position inside a 15-mile radius? the place the puppy parks are in a brand new city? the main primary assembly position to your type, membership or team of associates? the most cost effective gasoline stations on a daily foundation? the positioning of convicted intercourse offenders in a space to which you'll be contemplating relocating?
- Windows Server Hacks
- Mapping Hacks: Tips & Tools for Electronic Cartography
- We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency
- Anti-Hacker Tool Kit, 2nd Edition
- The Car Hacker's Handbook: A Guide for the Penetration Tester
- C++ Hackers Guide
Extra info for Hacking Knoppix
34 Chapter 1: Unraveling the Knoppix Toolkit Maze Chapter 1: Unraveling the Knoppix Toolkit Maze 35 The options in the Whitespace Treatment area of the window can be useful if you want to get rid of spaces in the filenames on your disc. No change does just that — files that have spaces in their names still do. Nowadays, this isn't really a problem for Linux boxes, so we just usually leave K3b set to that. Over the years, the standards for burning CDs have morphed in many different directions. Fortunately, most modern hardware and modern operating systems support most of these addons and extensions, but it's still a good policy to test all burned CDs on the various CD readers that you plan to use before you rely on those discs!
2. Ensure that your card sees an access point by running the following: $ sudo iwlist eth0 scan The results of this command tell you that your card is working and can interact with your local access point. 3. Assuming that Knoppix saw a wireless card at eth0, the following key commands can be used: ♦ $ sudo iwconfig eth0 essid essidname: Sets your ESSID. Change essidname to the actual name you need to use. To connect to any ESSID, use any for 48 Chapter 2: Maximizing Knoppix Internet Tools Chapter 2: Maximizing Knoppix Internet Tools 49 essidname.
You can look around on the Knoppix forum, but don't expect very much, frankly. That's why I always keep spare PCI and PCMCIA modems around; I know they work with Linux, and especially Knoppix. Here's the hardware I rely on: • PCI: USRobotics 3CP5610 • PCMCIA: USRobotics Megahertz XJ1560 To set up your modem, open the Knoppix menu and select Network/Internet → /dev/modem Connection Setup. You'll be given five options: Serial, USB, IrDA, Bluetooth, and Winmodem. Choose Serial, USB, or Winmodem — whichever matches your hardware — and see whether Knoppix can get your modem working.