By Joel Scambray
Unharness the hackers' arsenal to safe your internet applications
In contemporary global of pervasive net connectivity and quickly evolving internet expertise, on-line defense is as serious because it is tough. With the improved availability of data and providers on-line and Web-based assaults and break-ins at the upward push, defense hazards are at an all time excessive. Hacking uncovered net Applications exhibits you, step by step, the right way to shield opposed to the most recent Web-based assaults by way of knowing the hacker's devious tools and notion strategies. detect how intruders assemble details, gather goals, determine vulnerable spots, achieve regulate, and canopy their tracks. you will get in-depth assurance of real-world hacks — either basic and complicated — and targeted countermeasures to guard opposed to them.
What you will learn:
• The confirmed Hacking Exposed technique to find, take advantage of, and patch susceptible systems and applications
• How attackers determine capability weaknesses in net program components
• What devastating vulnerabilities exist inside of net server systems equivalent to Apache, Microsoft's net info Server (IIS), Netscape firm Server, J2EE, ASP.NET, and more
• the right way to survey net purposes for capability vulnerabilities — together with checking listing buildings, helper records, Java periods and applets, HTML reviews, types, and question strings
• assault tools opposed to authentication and consultation administration beneficial properties akin to cookies, hidden tags, and consultation identifiers
• most typical enter validation assaults — crafted enter, command execution characters, and buffer overflows
• Countermeasures for SQL injection assaults resembling strong mistakes dealing with, customized kept approaches, and correct database configuration
• XML net providers vulnerabilities and most sensible practices
• instruments and strategies used to hack internet consumers — together with cross-site scripting, lively content material assaults and cookie manipulation
• useful checklists and tips about hardening net purposes and consumers according to the authors' consulting reports
Read or Download Hacking Exposed™ Web applications PDF
Similar hacking books
First-class intro to tools/methods used for uncomplicated hacking. now not entire for CEH prep, as they do not discuss IDS/IPS or different shielding measures any. No coding, basically instruments and their utilization. An easy-to-read primer.
Need to know how most sensible to exploit eBay? no matter if you are a newcomer or longtime consumer, eBay Hacks will train you to develop into effective as either a client and vendor. you will discover quite a lot of subject matters, from tracking the bidding technique, getting refunds, and solving images in order that sale goods glance their top, to in-depth suggestions for operating a company on eBay and writing scripts that automate one of the most tedious projects.
Are looking to locate each pizza position inside of a 15-mile radius? the place the puppy parks are in a brand new city? the main important assembly position to your category, membership or workforce of pals? the most affordable gasoline stations on a daily foundation? the site of convicted intercourse offenders in a space to which you will be contemplating relocating?
- Hacking exposed malware & rootkits: malware & rootkits security secrets & solutions, 1st Edition
- The Ethical Hack: A Framework for Business Value Penetration Testing
- How to Attack and Defend Your Website
- Hacker's Guide to Visual FoxPro 7.0
Additional resources for Hacking Exposed™ Web applications
Another interesting implementation is the Network Load Balancing (NLB) scheme from Microsoft. It is based on a physical layer broadcasting concept rather than request routing. In some ways, it’s sort of like Ethernet’s collision detection avoidance architecture. It works like this: An incoming request is broadcast to the entire farm of Web servers. Based on an internal algorithm, only one of the servers will respond. The rest of the client’s requests are then routed to that server, like other load balancing schemes.
Whois functionality is typically included with Chapter 2: Profiling most UNIX and Linux operating systems, and Windows versions are readily available. In addition, whois functionality has been implemented via a number of Web sites, making it accessible to anyone with a browser and an Internet connection. whois can dig up information across several categories, including ▼ Assigned Internet IP address ranges ■ Registered DNS domain names and related data ▲ Administrative contact for an Internet presence The first two categories can assist an attacker in discovering servers related to a particular organization or Web site.