By Gayane V Hagopian
RustyRiver deals quickly day-by-day delivery and a hundred% purchaser delight assured! average put on to hide.
Read or Download Armenian for Everyone: Western And Eastern Armenian in Parallel Lessons PDF
Best foreign languages books
Welsh, just like the different Celtic languages, is best-known among linguists for its verb-initial notice order and its use of preliminary consonant mutations. but it has many extra features that are of curiosity to syntacticians. it is a concise and available assessment of the main syntactic phenomena of Welsh.
With train your self, Greek will not be all Greek to you anymore! With this bestselling application, you could examine Greek from the relaxation of your home, at your personal velocity. This revised and up to date path introduces you to sensible subject matters, resembling making trip preparations, assembly a person new, purchasing, and different on a daily basis actions.
Chinese language, jap, South (and North) Koreans in East Asia have a protracted, intertwined and wonderful cultural background and feature completed, or are within the strategy of reaching, remarkable fiscal good fortune. jointly, those 3 peoples make up one sector of the realm inhabitants. They use numerous certain and engaging writing structures: logographic chinese language characters of old beginning, in addition to phonetic platforms of syllabaries and alphabets.
- The Verb and the Paragraph in Biblical Hebrew: A Cognitive-Linguistic Approach (Studies in Semitic Languages and Linguistics)
- The Arabic Lexicographical Tradition: From the 2nd/8th to the 12th/18th Century (Handbook of Oriental Studies: Section 1; The Near and Middle East)
- Multiple Object Constructions in P'Orhepecha: Argument Realization and Valence-Affecting Morphology (Brill's Studies in the Indigenous Languages of the Americas)
- Relative Tense and Aspectual Values in Tibetan Languages (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs)
- Introducing Maltese Linguistics: Selected papers from the 1st International Conference on Maltese Linguistics, Bremen, 18-20 October, 2007 (Studies in Language Companion Series)
Extra info for Armenian for Everyone: Western And Eastern Armenian in Parallel Lessons
56) a. b.
K¢ na uche [- L +_ ] she was clever and sensible THE RELEVANCE OF DOWN STEPS 31 In (7), on the other hand - a case where we happen to end up with four levels of H-tones - H-tones are lowered once where there is a surface low tone and twice without there being any surface L-tone to do the triggering. ebu sili Ike (7) - 1__ [ <- - ] <- - carrying a load is difficult The fact that n in example (6) is three (three pitch-levels for H-tones) and four in example (7) (four pitch-levels for H-tones) is simply the accident~ result of having a certain number of H-tones interspersed with downstep triggers.
This distinction can be captured by positing a rule that deletes floating L-tones before another L-tone and after a H-tone: 20 © (53) L-deletion: This rule will correctly apply in examples like (51). It will not apply in cases such as (44) and (45) because of the left-hand context H-tone. 3. Overgeneration of Floating H-tones. In the preceding section, it was shown that certain floating tones must be deleted in order to prevent the overgeneration of downsteps. In this section, it will be shown that certain other floating tones must be deleted in order to allow correct application of phonological rules.